Monday, April 6, 2009

Three Cups of Tea

I really enjoyed reading this book. I have always heard of people donating money to help students in other countries but I have never heard of anything like Greg Mortenson’s story. I think that it takes a really dedicated person to put so much time and effort into a project like Mortenson took on. I can not imagine staying away from my family as long as he did for people he barely knew. It is really amazing how much he has done for all of the people he has met over the years and I think it really makes a difference in their lives. I also think he is slightly crazy, but in a good way, because he always kept his cool when talking to dangerous people like the Taliban and the people who held him hostage. I honestly do not believe I would have known what to do if I was ever put into the situations that he was put through. I think that if there were more people in the world like him we would be more accepting of different cultures and there would be fewer wars.

1 comment:

  1. I was also impressed with how he handled interactions with the Taliban. Even though he had issues dealing with lots of people he worked with and was on his own agenda he really stepped up his game when it was necessary.

    ReplyDelete